Thursday, November 26, 2020

PERMACULTURE AND ME

As an organic gardener, I'm always trying to grow something and I fail miserably in the California climate. I have yet to get purple hull peas or lima beans to grown and produce without aphids destroying them. The soil out back heats up so much that everything dies in July/August. 

It is 2020 and I decided I wanted to transform a weed riddled backyard into an Eden Gardening using wood chips. So we have started our journey to a permaculture Eden garden. I was able to call a tree guy that cuts down trees for me and he gave me 3 truckloads of free wood chips.

This type of gardening requires a lot of startup work but once it's in place the maintenance is easier and less time consuming. If you want the bug for gardening, look for the Back to Eden film and you'll be hooked too. 

 Ready for more wood chips


Finished middle of yard beds



No comments:

Post a Comment